Recipe created by Jessica Holmes
Serves: 16 bars
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
• 115 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 egg
• 2 cups plain flour
• 3 tablespoons Original Almond Breeze
• 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
• 1 1/2 cup cornflakes
• 1/4 cup plain flour
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 60 grams unsalted butter, chilled
1. Grease and line a 22cm square baking tin with baking paper, ensuring all sides overhang. Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan-forced.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat until smooth. Add flour and 1 tablespoon of Original Almond Breeze and beat until just combined.
3. Transfer to prepared tin and spread into an even layer. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Remove from oven to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add raspberries and remaining 2 tablespoons Original Almond Breeze to a small bowl. Roughly mash with a fork.
5. In a separate bowl, add cornflakes. Crush cornflakes slightly using your hands. Add flour, sugar and butter. Use your fingers to rub butter into flour mixture until crumbs form.
6. Spread raspberries over cookie base. Sprinkle over cornflake cookie crumb. Place in the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until crumble is golden. Leave to cool completely. Slice into small squares and serve.