- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Dash of vegetable oil of choice (e.g. olive, sunflower, coconut)
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
- ¼ cup vegan cheese, grated (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup baby spinach (optional)
- 4 servings of zoodles or pasta (I used gluten-free pasta)
- In a large saucepan over high heat, saute the onion and garlic in the oil until browned. When cooked, add to a blender.
- Fill the saucepan with water and cook pasta according to packet directions. Skip this step if you are using zoodles.
- Drain the cashews and add them to the blender with the Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk, cheese and salt. Blend until as smooth and creamy as possible.
- Saute the mushrooms and spinach in the saucepan with a dash of oil or water until softened. Add creamy sauce and stir until cheese has completely melted. Add pasta and mix until thoroughly combined. Separate pasta to serving dishes and enjoy!